Monday, April 24, 2006

Transitions.

Transitions.

I’ve been writing blog entries and haven’t posted any of them, as I’ve been trying to sift through it all. Welcome to the penumbra. The place I spend time in when I’m between projects, trying to figure out what the next move is. I’ve been pecking away at a couple projects. But nothing substantial. I’ve got ideas for three new pieces, all of which scare me to death. This is a good sign. Pieces that scared me, are the ones that I have to write. I have to steer towards going to the next big thing, challenging myself or the work will bore me and never get finished.

Last night we wrapped up our short run of GRIOT at FCCJ. The two nights we ran the show went really well. There are parts of the show that drive me crazy. Little things, that I know can be done better, I just have to spend the time making it right. Where the time will come for that, I have no idea. But I’m hoping I’ll etch out sometime in the near future and start making it happen. I love the show. I love how Larry, David, and I are magic when we are on stage together. But still there is plenty to work on. Right now we are waiting for word on whether we got into the NYC Fringe Festival. We should know about that in a couple of weeks. If that happens then I’ll begin re-working the parts of the play that don’t quite work for me.

I imagine, in the next month or so, I’ll have a lock on what project I’m working on. Right now, I’m just feeling the concepts out, see which one will get born first. I’ve got some good news on the Julius X tip but for right now, until it’s completely confirmed, I won’t announce it, but it’s pretty big news. So that’s what’s up with me. Short entry. Next time much more to say. Promise.

No comments: